Author Topic: Colony Ship : A Post-Earth Role Playing Game (formely known as The New World)

AbounI

• Citizen
  • Marsh Goblin
#420 August 18, 2018, Saturday, 05:15 pm

Well, if you're there, you may have heard of Iron Tower Studio and the fabulous Age of Decadence (without forgetting Dungeon Rats too) as their first CRPG where choices heavily matter in a post-apo world setting in a Ancient Rome-like fallen Empire.
But let's look at a bright future and talk about their next project, still in turn based, but this time in a party management system where the setting in now based upon a colony ship traveling through space for generations.
More infos in their official tower:
http://irontowerstudio.com/new-world-news

It appears it got today a Steam Page with a short teaser based on some of the artworks.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/648410/The_New_World/

Today is a good day to add it in your wishlist if it's not already done. No need to wait for thursday for that. :salute:

PS: On another related new, some may be interested to learn that we're currently working on a French translation of Age of Decadence (after the russian and spanish ones), and it is a well advanced project (about 70% of the game is now translated & proofread). A test-build is coming soon.
Last edited: September 20, 2018, Thursday, 12:35 am by AbounI

daveyd

• Citizen
  • Marsh Goblin
#421 August 21, 2018, Tuesday, 08:10 pm
Age of Decadence is one of my favorite RPGs so I am certainly looking for to TNW.  For one thing I'm glad to see a sci-fi CRPG being made as the vast majority are medieval fantasy,  with post-apocalyptic as probably the second most common.   Obviously (since I'm here) I do like fantasy CRPGs just fine, but variety is the spice of life. 

It's also nice to see Iron Tower studios addressing the shortcomings / legitimate criticisms of AoD in development.  There's a great post on their  forums about the limitations of AoD dialogue design and what they're planning to do different in TNW that's worth a read. 

The Steam page has a tentative release date of 2020, which would be awesome, though I suspect it may be a bit later than that.  I believe they're planning on doing an Early Access release just like they did for AoD though I'm not going to touch it until it's released (for one thing I want the GOG version, for another I'd rather experience the complete game)... Actually I wish I'd had the willpower to wait until all of the major patches were released for AoD as while the game had a great deal of replayability, you can only play it for the first time once.  I'm envious of CRPG fans who have somehow not gotten around to playing it yet. 

Winterfart

On another related new, some may be interested to learn that we're currently working on a French translation of Age of Decadence (after the russian and spanish ones), and it is a well advanced project (about 70% of the game is now translated & proofread). A test-build is coming soon.

Ah yes, I remember now.
Do you guys still need more people?

AbounI

• Citizen
  • Marsh Goblin
#436 August 24, 2018, Friday, 01:24 pm
On another related new, some may be interested to learn that we're currently working on a French translation of Age of Decadence (after the russian and spanish ones), and it is a well advanced project (about 70% of the game is now translated & proofread). A test-build is coming soon.

Ah yes, I remember now.
Do you guys still need more people?
Check your MP please ;)

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#443 August 28, 2018, Tuesday, 07:05 pm
Whenever I find a little time, I try to read the updates from Vince (creative lead of Iron Tower Studios). Their project is probably even more ambitious than ours and I am sure, after Age of Decadence, it will be another remarkable RPG.

AbounI

• Citizen
  • Marsh Goblin
#445 August 28, 2018, Tuesday, 09:45 pm
I would say both TNW and RB are ambitious projects judging from what we learnt when Chaos Chronicles was on the rails. I suppose RB can only be a CC Enhanced Edition  :D
Two differents ol' school projects, each with their own vision and style.

daveyd

• Citizen
  • Marsh Goblin
#484 September 05, 2018, Wednesday, 06:50 pm
Well, it seems that for legal reasons Iron Tower Studios needs to change the game's name and they're looking for input and suggestions. 

AbounI

• Citizen
  • Marsh Goblin
#490 September 16, 2018, Sunday, 10:33 pm
And the new name is :

(thread is updated)

edit : it appears that from the main page of the forum, the name of the thread is still the former one : The New World.  Same thing when I modify a message (except for the OP), it keeps the ancient subject's name ;)
Last edited: September 16, 2018, Sunday, 11:55 pm by AbounI

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#1233 January 20, 2019, Sunday, 07:54 pm
edit : it appears that from the main page of the forum, the name of the thread is still the former one : The New World.  Same thing when I modify a message (except for the OP), it keeps the ancient subject's name ;)

It always takes a while until the cache system updates the topic title. Now, it should be correct everywhere.

AbounI

• Citizen
  • Marsh Goblin
#1234 January 21, 2019, Monday, 01:35 pm
It works fine now, I confirm. Thanks Hobgob  :salute:

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#1276 January 28, 2019, Monday, 03:12 am
A neat coincidence: Realms Beyond and Colony Ship close together in the Steam top 250 wishlist:

Link is probably outdated soon.

AbounI

• Citizen
  • Marsh Goblin
#1278 January 28, 2019, Monday, 11:35 pm
Indeed. Good catch  :D