Author Topic: Realms Beyond at the Gamescom Indie Arena Booth - A Slice of Fantasy

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Ogre Zombie
#423 August 23, 2018, Thursday, 12:56 am
We've been at Gamescom for three days now and have now finally found the time for an official update and announcement. It has been a busy three days for us, and the remaining days of Gamescom are promising to be just as busy.

It all started with turning a humble little exhibiton booth into a window to another world. We've worked for nine hours and had to crawl through two dungeons before we had acquired enough loot to turn this...

... into this:

Sadly, the undead kitty had to leave her prime position and found a new home on top of the shelf. It hasn't knocked anything over yet.

Some work in progress shots from Monday:

And the booth in its final form, along with the party of four that will guide you through the magical Realms Beyond if you approach their booth and dare to take a step into another world:

Peter (programmer, party leader & guy for everything), Tim (level designer), Alexis (marketer, booth designer, booth babe & girl for everything) and Frank (writer) will gladly answer any questions you have about the game. In addition, any visitors who are interested in backing our Kickstarter will receive a special gift voucher containing a unique code. If you back us during the Kickstarter campaign and redeem the code, you will be able to choose between having a photo of you turned into an NPC portrait, naming an item or a tavern, or having a gravestone with your name and epitaph appear in the game. So come along to our booth and grab one as long as supplies last!

Which brings us to the final part of this post, our grand announcement:

Realms Beyond will be launching a Kickstarter campaign in October 2018!

We will reveal more information about the campaign once Gamescom is over and we've had a chance to catch our breaths. Stay tuned!

And before closing this post, we'd like to offer a heartfelt thank you to all the visitors to our booth who showed interest and asked questions about our game. There were hundreds of you, and it was a joy to show our game to each and every one of you. We're ready to receive hundreds more in the coming days, so don't hesitate - pay us a visit and let us guide you through the Realms Beyond!
Goto Blog Post

daveyd

• Marsh Goblin
#424 August 23, 2018, Thursday, 01:49 am
Looks nice, even though I don't really like being among large crowds of people very much, wish I could go just to see your booth.

Oh well, I'll have to settle for backing your KS in October.  I'm glad you've been getting a good amount of interest. 

StoneAgeArtisan

• Developer
  • Marsh Goblin
#425 August 23, 2018, Thursday, 02:56 am
Looks great! I'm with you all in spirit  :D

AbounI

• Marsh Goblin
#426 August 23, 2018, Thursday, 10:24 am
Looks so great. Sadly I can't pay you a visit, but all my heart is with you. Beside, what if I wish to design a spell. I already got a idea and I feel you could like it... 8).

Anyway, may you have some fun time there.

Winterfart

Hope you guys have a good time.

AbounI

• Marsh Goblin
#428 August 23, 2018, Thursday, 01:23 pm
Hope you guys have a good time.
Hi Winterfart, nice to meet you there. The world seems so small. I've never managed to send you some mail if you remember, invalid adress  :salute:

Winterfart

Maybe I gave you a wrong adress?
No worries, I got dragged into other projects since. How are yours progressing? Did you finish the traduction (can't remember what game it was)?

And yes, small world for those who loves the same things, like awesome CRPG.

Tout le monde va bien sur RPGFrance? :salute:

Leichenschmaus

• Beach Crab
#432 August 23, 2018, Thursday, 10:54 pm
Any plans yet for setting up alternative backing via PayPal, either parallel to the KS campaign or after the initial goal is funded?
Asking for all the lowly credit card-less plebs.

Thanks.

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Ogre Zombie
#437 August 26, 2018, Sunday, 03:41 pm
Any plans yet for setting up alternative backing via PayPal, either parallel to the KS campaign or after the initial goal is funded?
Asking for all the lowly credit card-less plebs.

Yes, we will offer PayPal as soon as the funding goal has been reached.

Theralex

• Beach Crab
#438 August 27, 2018, Monday, 11:59 am
To be fair, it was the wonderful design of the booth that made me start talking to you guys. I really had a blast, thank you so muhc for showing me so much and for answering all the questions! I cannot wait for the kickstarter to begin :D I'm recommending you to everyone I can think of who might be interested. <3
Alive, aware, in awe.

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Ogre Zombie
#439 August 27, 2018, Monday, 12:59 pm
To be fair, it was the wonderful design of the booth that made me start talking to you guys. I really had a blast, thank you so muhc for showing me so much and for answering all the questions! I cannot wait for the kickstarter to begin :D I'm recommending you to everyone I can think of who might be interested. <3

Thanks and welcome to our forums!  :salute:

Omenaton

• Beach Crab
#441 August 28, 2018, Tuesday, 06:37 pm
Congratulations to the impressing GamesCom booth and I am very happy to read about the Kickstarter Campaign.
Good luck!

Mtl.Inq

• Marsh Goblin
#510 October 16, 2018, Tuesday, 07:49 am
grats on exhibition in public.  :salute:
Last edited: October 16, 2018, Tuesday, 10:22 am by Mtl.Inq