Author Topic: Simplified Chinese & Spanish !

Mr. W

• Arcane Legend
  • Marsh Goblin
#579 October 23, 2018, Tuesday, 10:40 pm
Hooray! I found The developer said RB will support Simplified Chinese and Spanish on KS page!  :salute: Hope more and more players around the world can enjoy RB!

Lucumo

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#580 October 23, 2018, Tuesday, 11:57 pm
Hooray! I found The developer said RB will support Simplified Chinese and Spanish on KS page!  :salute: Hope more and more players around the world can enjoy RB!
The question will be how to get that Chinese support. They do play games with such graphics and also RPGs, so the interest is definitely there. How would one spread the word and get the money from them though? Sure, if it's released, then that's one thing...but the Kickstarter is still the crux here. Certainly, (shitty) Steam might be one possibility as it gathered some Chinese users thanks to PUBG being exclusively released there but that would hardly harness the potential. The Chinese digital store WeGame might be an option. Looking at an article from July, they appear to have "only" over 200 titles there. In contrast, the user numbers appear to be pretty high (200 million "active" users last year) which obviously creates an imbalance. If they have something like forums, it would certainly make sense to garner interest in the Kickstarter/game there. (I have no clue whether they can properly use Kickstarter though or whether they would need an alternative paying method).

The choice of language definitely makes sense. If there was a priority list, Portuguese (for the Brazilian potential) and the Eastern European (interest in the genre, much like Russia) languages would definitely be next. Speaking of Russia, I'm surprised they didn't get their own translated Kickstarter page.

Andronius The Druid

• Developer
  • Gelatinous Cube
#581 October 24, 2018, Wednesday, 12:38 am
Hooray! I found The developer said RB will support Simplified Chinese and Spanish on KS page!  :salute:
Hope more and more players around the world can enjoy RB!

Thanks for the warm comment and nice wishes, Mr. W.!  :salute:

Indeed, RB will support Simplified Chinese and Spanish, among other languages, but not only for the Kickstarter page: the idea is to deliver complete game localizations in those languages, depending on the crowdfunding campaign success.

Ceres Games is aware that Chinese and Spanish-speaking communities are very important global markets for deep, tactical, turned-based, old-school cRPGs such as Realms Beyond, as well as for classic tabletop gaming; therefore, it is a priority that our support and localizations in these languages is of the best possible quality, with a select international team of committed, professional fantasy-writers AND gamers, who both love and know the computer role-playing games of the past, are familiar with the sources (lore, books, inspirations, titles and game mechanics of the past 30 years), and actually know and play the different editions of the tabletop roleplaying games from which RB takes inspiration. 

That’s one of the reasons for the majority of funds being allocated to writing and level design, the core elements of a good RPG: we want RB to have the best possible writing and localizations, made by people who are both RPG and tabletop gamers as well as professional fantasy-writers and translators.

So, please keep sharing our KS with your friends and help us make the dream a reality!

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#582 October 24, 2018, Wednesday, 12:46 am

I guess, you already read the campaign page in simplified Chinese here?

Messier-31

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#585 October 24, 2018, Wednesday, 09:32 am
The choice of language definitely makes sense. If there was a priority list, Portuguese (for the Brazilian potential) and the Eastern European (interest in the genre, much like Russia) languages would definitely be next. Speaking of Russia, I'm surprised they didn't get their own translated Kickstarter page.

There's a lot of people in Poland who love BG/IwD/ToEE/NwN/PoE/DOS and whatnot. Just sayin'
It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Lucumo

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#587 October 24, 2018, Wednesday, 10:10 am

There's a lot of people in Poland who love BG/IwD/ToEE/NwN/PoE/DOS and whatnot. Just sayin'
Well, Poland falls under Eastern Europe, so that's exactly what I've been saying :P

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#588 October 24, 2018, Wednesday, 11:05 am
Speaking of Russia, I'm surprised they didn't get their own translated Kickstarter page.

That's because the interest in our Kickstarter campaign is quite low (almost zero) in Russia yet. Probably they're all still playing Pathfinder: Kingmaker  :D

We translated the KS pages according to the feedback of our backers, because those are our top-priority clients  :obviously:

Polish might a very good addition, but we still need to see more backers from Poland for that.

Our next top favorite is Italian and I am currently looking for translators familiar with RPGs and/or D&D (that's a requirement).

Lucumo

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#589 October 24, 2018, Wednesday, 11:22 am
Speaking of Russia, I'm surprised they didn't get their own translated Kickstarter page.

That's because the interest in our Kickstarter campaign is quite low (almost zero) in Russia yet. Probably they're all still playing Pathfinder: Kingmaker  :D
I mean, if their English isn't good enough, then that lack of interest wouldn't be surprising. Would also be interesting to know whether relevant Russian gaming websites/forums/whatever have covered the Kickstarter or not. Because when it comes to gaming, the Russians definitely have impeccable taste. Another thing is that Kickstarter is credit card only, so in countries where those are not popular, of course there will be less backers (Germany is a good example for that - not many people here have them because unless you import stuff, they are useless).

Messier-31

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#590 October 24, 2018, Wednesday, 12:59 pm
Another thing is that Kickstarter is credit card only, so in countries where those are not popular, of course there will be less backers (Germany is a good example for that - not many people here have them because unless you import stuff, they are useless).

Uh, I always used a debit card, never had an issue.

Lucumo

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#593 October 24, 2018, Wednesday, 02:17 pm
Another thing is that Kickstarter is credit card only, so in countries where those are not popular, of course there will be less backers (Germany is a good example for that - not many people here have them because unless you import stuff, they are useless).

Uh, I always used a debit card, never had an issue.
Have they changed that very recently? I've looked into it before for some projects and only credit cards ever got accepted. If not, my guess would then be that different payment options are available for different countries. This is also the reason why often times, PayPal would also be opened at some point (which is the case here as well), to allow for people who didn't have the opportunity yet, to back it. I know of some Germans who are waiting for it for this game for instance.

Messier-31

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#594 October 24, 2018, Wednesday, 02:44 pm
Have they changed that very recently? I've looked into it before for some projects and only credit cards ever got accepted. If not, my guess would then be that different payment options are available for different countries. This is also the reason why often times, PayPal would also be opened at some point (which is the case here as well), to allow for people who didn't have the opportunity yet, to back it. I know of some Germans who are waiting for it for this game for instance.

You're probably right. Now I remember waiting for PayPal myself back in 2012 for Pillars of Eternity backers. But I used a debit card for sure in 2017 with Kingmaker.

Lucumo

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#595 October 24, 2018, Wednesday, 03:21 pm
You're probably right. Now I remember waiting for PayPal myself back in 2012 for Pillars of Eternity backers. But I used a debit card for sure in 2017 with Kingmaker.
Hm, I just checked just now again and when I choose a reward, on the page where I have to provide the CC number, it only shows these symbols.

Looks definitely like CC-only. So I guess it's a country-specific thing.

Mr. W

• Arcane Legend
  • Marsh Goblin
#596 October 24, 2018, Wednesday, 03:45 pm

I guess, you already read the campaign page in simplified Chinese here?

Great  :salute:

Mr. W

• Arcane Legend
  • Marsh Goblin
#597 October 24, 2018, Wednesday, 05:16 pm

Agree with you. If the KS can support more payment ways around the world, I think RB will be successful earlier.  8)

Qarlynd

• Town Guard
  • Beach Crab
#623 October 28, 2018, Sunday, 04:20 pm
Hm, I just checked just now again and when I choose a reward, on the page where I have to provide the CC number, it only shows these symbols.

Looks definitely like CC-only. So I guess it's a country-specific thing.

I could back RB through direkt debit (Bankeinzug/Lastschrift)

I think this is a still new and unknown option on kickstatrter.
Especialy as it is afaik only an option for backers in germany
For projects from german devs.