Author Topic: Amount of Voice Acting?

Dark_Ansem

• Town Guard
  • Ogre Zombie
#771 November 11, 2018, Sunday, 08:44 pm
How much Voice Acting is there in the game?
One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#954 November 21, 2018, Wednesday, 08:22 pm
With our current financial plans, we will not use voice over for texts like dialogues.

Instead, we are using different voice sets that can be used for any language. Those voice sets will include many different situations. You can listen to some of them in the related Kickstarter update.

Dark_Ansem

• Town Guard
  • Ogre Zombie
#956 November 21, 2018, Wednesday, 08:39 pm
I did listen to that, thank you. I was going to suggest an approach ala Neverwinter Nights, or Planescape Torment, where only important bits of dialogue are voices, and voicesets are full, but I suppose that also works just fine. I think.
One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

Pathfinder

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#960 November 23, 2018, Friday, 06:27 am
I personally am happy without "much" voice acting. Naturally some soundset (with grunts and so on when NPC/PC is selected, attack, is hit, spot something and so on) but I can live without story teller / narrative / audio books / people talking instead of player reading. So bit same as in Baldur's Gate, maybe in cinematic's some voice acting if there are such a thing (just remember that some people will use in future 8K to play and watch them.. ..so bigger is better or just use game own engine for them).

Specially if it mean longer game and more items / quests / places and so on then yes. I have my own eyes, I can read descriptions there is no need for hired people just for voices. If I have to choose between 8 hour voiced game experience or 100+ with less voice acting I choose longer (and for me better) game all the time.
"Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

Theralex

• Town Guard
  • Beach Crab
#1126 January 10, 2019, Thursday, 10:52 am
Since we're going to have to do a lot of reading, would it be an option to have an inverted colour scheme for text & background? So instead of black words on a white surface, we can choose a black/dark surface and white/light text?
I'm currently playing Witcher 3 and they inverted the colours for the books that you can find. It doesn't work as well there as it works for example on my youtube app on night mode, but you get the gist. It would greatly help my eyes, they tend to be less strained with black background & light words. Will we be able to adjust the text size as well? Help a mole out <3 :D

Thank you!
Alive, aware, in awe.

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#1130 January 10, 2019, Thursday, 10:50 pm
Since we're going to have to do a lot of reading, would it be an option to have an inverted colour scheme for text & background? So instead of black words on a white surface, we can choose a black/dark surface and white/light text?
I'm currently playing Witcher 3 and they inverted the colours for the books that you can find. It doesn't work as well there as it works for example on my youtube app on night mode, but you get the gist. It would greatly help my eyes, they tend to be less strained with black background & light words. Will we be able to adjust the text size as well? Help a mole out <3 :D

We'll offer a larger font for the user interface.

I am not sure about inverting the colors of our book pages and other in-game documents - that would look very weird in the context of the game.

The Infinity Sock

• Marsh Goblin
#1161 January 12, 2019, Saturday, 04:35 pm
Well i don't mind if they is not a lot of voice acting in this game it just means we get more written dialogue

Lucumo

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#1167 January 12, 2019, Saturday, 07:38 pm
Well i don't mind if they is not a lot of voice acting in this game it just means we get more written dialogue
I don't think that's necessarily true but there is definitely less restriction if you don't have to find someone to voice X and Y. It's also less of a monetary burden. Apart from that, it also means that you can change (even important) dialogue late into the development of the game.

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#1190 January 16, 2019, Wednesday, 01:31 am
Apart from that, it also means that you can change (even important) dialogue late into the development of the game.
That reason is probably even more relevant than the additional costs, because it's always really annoying for me to read text that is not in synch with the playing voice-over (and you can find those flaws in almost every RPG).