Author Topic: Storm of Zehir Dialogue or Icewind Dale 2 Dialogue?

LadyBard

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#842 November 15, 2018, Thursday, 06:06 pm
Which one would you implement?

Dark_Ansem

• Town Guard
  • Ogre Zombie
#846 November 15, 2018, Thursday, 08:28 pm
Huh? What's the difference?
One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

LadyBard

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#847 November 15, 2018, Thursday, 09:02 pm
SOZ had skill checks and you could clearly see who has something to say with ability to switch between characters. In IWD2 only one character do the talking during the dialogue, with no option to switch back to most favorable character, like in SOZ.

So if you got stuck in scripted convo, SOZ way is better, and IWD2 may get you in problems if your party end s up in important dialogue with character with 8 cha.

Dark_Ansem

• Town Guard
  • Ogre Zombie
#864 November 16, 2018, Friday, 06:30 pm
SOZ had skill checks and you could clearly see who has something to say with ability to switch between characters. In IWD2 only one character do the talking during the dialogue, with no option to switch back to most favorable character, like in SOZ.

So if you got stuck in scripted convo, SOZ way is better, and IWD2 may get you in problems if your party end s up in important dialogue with character with 8 cha.

This sounds quite interesting!|
One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#1249 January 25, 2019, Friday, 04:25 pm
In our current implementation, you can't switch the talking player character during the active dialogue process. You need to end the dialogue and restart with another character.

rjshae

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#1328 February 03, 2019, Sunday, 07:49 pm
Perhaps we can have the occasional party member comment option to improve the role-playing element of conversations? I.e. a response option of the form "[Motion for Harry to voice his opinion]", but without revealing what he might say in advance.

LukeClifford

• Beach Crab
#1541 April 29, 2019, Monday, 01:11 am
I think the idea of the another party member chiming up with something of interest or possibly conflicting with his alignment and or goals might be interesting...like trying to keep you away from such a goal if that was against the ultimate goal?

purpleblob

• Beach Crab
#1672 July 21, 2019, Sunday, 11:50 am
I was more hoping for SoZ implementation... guess I will have to select the person with highest CHA to talk then.

LadyBard

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#2002 November 28, 2019, Thursday, 12:29 pm
I was more hoping for SoZ implementation... guess I will have to select the person with highest CHA to talk then.

Yes, it would be dope. But choosing high cha party member would require occasional quicksave and reload approach. I also dislike when party members in DOS1 ruin dialogue or choice of the players. So, hope this won't be the case here.