Author Topic: We brought it home. Thanks to all of you!

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Ogre Zombie
#848 November 16, 2018, Friday, 12:29 am

Phew, what a month! Those last thirty campaign days have been a proper rollercoaster ride and felt more like half a year. But losing sleep, going a bit more grey and not seeing much of the world outside has all been worth it. The show of your support just knocked our socks off!
We’re lost for words to thank everyone. We’ve said it so many times, but can’t really repeat it often enough: THANKS!

Without all the 2648 backers from the US, Germany, UK, Canada, France, Australia, Sweden, Spain, Italy, Belgium, China and many, many more countries, nothing would have happened. But with all of you, this campaign has been a resounding success! We still can’t believe that the campaign has been funded 120%. It was fully funded three days ago and we smashed three stretch goals! We’re more than excited to get stuck in to carry on working with our team, including Edwin Pickett and the people at OnlySound, voice actor Stephen Chatfield, and of course with Francesca on the map, Casey and Scott on the writing and Kai on additional sound tracks.

All your comments, questions and feedback have been invaluable.

Goto Blog Post

opeth2112

• Beach Crab
#850 November 16, 2018, Friday, 12:33 am
Is it done yet? I'M READY!

Lucumo

• Marsh Goblin
#851 November 16, 2018, Friday, 01:17 am
Congratulations. Now it's time to properly rest up before getting into the trenches.

LadyBard

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#855 November 16, 2018, Friday, 09:49 am
Backerskit when?
Lady Bard, at your dispossal

Asbo

• Beach Crab
#871 November 17, 2018, Saturday, 03:33 am
Congratulations on hitting your targets to make the game. Sadly I missed your Kickstarter would of thrown some GBP at you had I made it here in time.

Pathfinder

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#874 November 17, 2018, Saturday, 09:24 am
Congratulations on kickstart and hoping to get "goold old RPG" so take your time and finish when you are ready.
"Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

Lucumo

• Marsh Goblin
#882 November 17, 2018, Saturday, 02:28 pm
Congratulations on hitting your targets to make the game. Sadly I missed your Kickstarter would of thrown some GBP at you had I made it here in time.
That Backerkit thing is up, so you can always contribute now. The "Good Old Box" is even cheaper than it was on the Kickstarter (damn, I guess I shouldn't have backed early -_-).

https://realms-beyond.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders#

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Ogre Zombie
#884 November 17, 2018, Saturday, 03:22 pm
That Backerkit thing is up, so you can always contribute now. The "Good Old Box" is even cheaper than it was on the Kickstarter (damn, I guess I shouldn't have backed early -_-).

https://realms-beyond.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders#

Nope, the "Good Old Box" is more expensive now, because the Kickstarter reward "Good Old Box" includes an extra digital download version (worth 25 EUR), the digital art book (worth 5 EUR) , the digital sountrack (worth 8 EUR) and of course the discord/forum roles and the mention in the credits.

The "Good Old Box" as pre-order doesn't include any of them.

LadyBard

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#885 November 17, 2018, Saturday, 03:30 pm
I can't log in to backerskit ARGGGGG.
Lady Bard, at your dispossal

Lucumo

• Marsh Goblin
#886 November 17, 2018, Saturday, 03:34 pm
Nope, the "Good Old Box" is more expensive now, because the Kickstarter reward "Good Old Box" includes an extra digital download version (worth 25 EUR), the digital art book (worth 5 EUR) , the digital sountrack (worth 8 EUR) and of course the discord/forum roles and the mention in the credits.

The "Good Old Box" as pre-order doesn't include any of them.
To be fair though, those are all digital things while the "Good Old Box" on Kickstarter is pretty much a physical tier. As such, people that are only interested in physical rewards (such as I), had no choice but to take the tier that included all the extra baggage.

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Ogre Zombie
#891 November 17, 2018, Saturday, 05:26 pm
To be fair though, those are all digital things while the "Good Old Box" on Kickstarter is pretty much a physical tier. As such, people that are only interested in physical rewards (such as I), had no choice but to take the tier that included all the extra baggage.

Yes, that's true. It's always quite tricky to design the reward tiers in Kickstarter, because too many configurations would be confusing and beforehand it's always difficult to estimate what kind of rewards the people actually wants. Kickstarter should introduce some kind of individual custom pledge for each backer.

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Ogre Zombie
#892 November 17, 2018, Saturday, 05:27 pm
I can't log in to backerskit ARGGGGG.

We need to wait for Kickstarter finishing the payment process until BackerKit allows us to send survey to our backers.

Lucumo

• Marsh Goblin
#895 November 17, 2018, Saturday, 05:49 pm
Yes, that's true. It's always quite tricky to design the reward tiers in Kickstarter, because too many configurations would be confusing and beforehand it's always difficult to estimate what kind of rewards the people actually wants. Kickstarter should introduce some kind of individual custom pledge for each backer.
Never underestimate full physical :P Pretty much all of my friends (PC gamers) gave up modern gaming due to the forced digital switch by publishers and digital/online DRM (Steam) which was still before the "games as a service" situation we have nowadays with all the DLC, "unfinished games" and whatnot. And remember, I asked about physical addons some time ago in another thread (to which I didn't receive a reply - though, it's obviously still way too early to talk about that yet). If you sell an addon for like 20€, then it should be possible to slap together a physical collector's edition with a map of the new stuff, some goodies and such (can always ask the audience what they are interested in) for double the price or 50€.

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Ogre Zombie
#896 November 17, 2018, Saturday, 07:10 pm
Beside the digital extras, the "Good Old Box" will also  include another physical goodie that is exclusively limited to our Kickstarter backers and will not be part of the regular "Game Box Edition".

AbounI

• Citizen
  • Marsh Goblin
#897 November 17, 2018, Saturday, 07:28 pm
Beside the digital extras, the "Good Old Box" will also  include another physical goodie that is exclusively limited to our Kickstarter backers and will not be part of the regular "Game Box Edition".
Francesca's map?  :D