Author Topic: It's just a flesh wound...

DayDreamer

• Beach Crab
#943 November 20, 2018, Tuesday, 05:24 pm
Hello :salute:
  Flesh woulds, missing limbs and fingers, afflictions, diseases and scars from battles and other encounters gives characters a sense of being veterans which binds us the players with that group of heroes. "I like my scars as I like my sword and shield"
  Gore,I do not mind a little bit of gore, hitting an enemy with a critical strike that is deadly should end up with a finishing animation of splitting, deep cutting, decapitation, gut spilling, head exploding the enemy, same thing can happen to your party members. It's sound a little bit brutal but gives you that weird satisfaction and the sense of realism in combat.
  Is the weather on the world map a four season cycle with rain, snow,fog,sun or is no such a thing implemented ,if yes that's awesome if no could be implemented? The weather would influence the combat system and would force you to spend coins on "Prepare yourself, the Winter is Coming" or get reckt by the Lady Winter.
  This are just few silly ideas any way this game is going to be a master piece.
 :salute:

Last edited: November 20, 2018, Tuesday, 07:33 pm by DayDreamer

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#952 November 21, 2018, Wednesday, 07:32 pm
Nice ideas. Individual wounds and injuries are indeed good elements to make your characters more likable and unique. Battle Brothers did that very well but I also remember that Phantasie III (one of my personal RPG favorites) already had different zones for wounds (e.g. head, arms, torso, legs, etc.)

LordValerius

• Town Guard
  • Beach Crab
#1053 December 03, 2018, Monday, 10:01 pm
Hello :salute:

Gore,I do not mind a little bit of gore, hitting an enemy with a critical strike that is deadly should end up with a finishing animation of splitting, deep cutting, decapitation, gut spilling, head exploding the enemy, same thing can happen to your party members. It's sound a little bit brutal but gives you that weird satisfaction and the sense of realism in combat.

:salute:

On this subject, I have never been opposed to gore in my games, but I have never liked the gibbing that seems so common in these types of games.  It seems ridiculous to me that a critical hit should result in a body exploding into little bits.  Now, if a spell can cause such an effect, ok, it makes sense then.  But just getting a critical hit with a melee weapon should not produce such an effect.  If this feature is part of the program, please consider making it an optional toggle in the game's Settings.

Thank you!

LordValerius