Author Topic: Classes We Want

The Infinity Sock

• Marsh Goblin
#1137 January 11, 2019, Friday, 04:09 pm
The warlock class is my favourite class a pity it is not in this game but i was kinder surprise that there is no sorcerer class what classes would you lot have liked to have in this game

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#1140 January 11, 2019, Friday, 05:46 pm
The warlock class is my favourite class a pity it is not in this game but i was kinder surprise that there is no sorcerer class what classes would you lot have liked to have in this game

The warlock class isn't part of the 3.5e SRD, therefore we haven't included it yet. Maybe we'll have a prestige class that is close to the concept of the Warlock.

Regarding the sorcerer, I just copy&paste our FAQ from the Kickstarter page:

Why are there no sorcerers?

Because our other caster classes already work like that: you don't have to memorize spells, instead you get a number of available spells per spell level per day. If you have one level 1 spell slot left, for example, you can spontaneously decide whether to cast magic missile, shield, burning hands etc. This works the same for all caster classes: wizards, clerics, druids, paladins.

If you've played the classic cRPGs Dark Sun: Shattered Lands or Knights of the Chalice, their magic system works in a similar way as ours.

The Infinity Sock

• Marsh Goblin
#1157 January 12, 2019, Saturday, 01:52 pm

The warlock class isn't part of the 3.5e SRD, therefore we haven't included it yet. Maybe we'll have a prestige class that is close to the concept of the Warlock.

Because our other caster classes already work like that: you don't have to memorize spells, instead you get a number of available spells per spell level per day. If you have one level 1 spell slot left, for example, you can spontaneously decide whether to cast magic missile, shield, burning hands etc. This works the same for all caster classes: wizards, clerics, druids, paladins.

If you've played the classic cRPGs Dark Sun: Shattered Lands or Knights of the Chalice, their magic system works in a similar way as ours.
Ok thanks for replying back to me but their is one thing i have always wanted to do in d&d crpg games and that is to become a god so will you be adding the divine ascendant prestige class i will give you a cookie if you do put this prestige class in this game :)

Dark_Ansem

• Town Guard
  • Ogre Zombie
#1171 January 13, 2019, Sunday, 02:26 am
I want the Mystic Theurge.
One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

almostdead

• Beach Crab
#1172 January 13, 2019, Sunday, 11:32 am

Sir,  I See You're a Man of Culture As Well!
I created an account just to ask the same question.
Warlock is my favourite class in 3.5e as well.

almostdead

• Beach Crab
#1173 January 13, 2019, Sunday, 11:48 am

To be honest, there were many games based on 3rd edition core rulebook. The choices of class and feat are limited and no longer tempting for old crpg/trpg players (and there is no muticlass in this game). I saw the post about prestige classes and there are several supplement book classes which is good. But what about base classes and feats? I am really looking forward to see more contents in new 3rd edition game. So please consider adding more varied base classes (like warlock) into the game.
Last edited: January 13, 2019, Sunday, 11:59 am by almostdead

The Infinity Sock

• Marsh Goblin
#1174 January 13, 2019, Sunday, 11:56 am

Sir,  I See You're a Man of Culture As Well!
I created an account just to ask the same question.
Warlock is my favourite class in 3.5e as well.
I used to play as a tiefling hellfire warlock in neverwinter nights 2 good times :)

The Infinity Sock

• Marsh Goblin
#1175 January 13, 2019, Sunday, 11:57 am
I want the Mystic Theurge.
If you have not heard of pathfinder kingmaker you should play it the class you are wanting to play is in pathfinder kingmaker

Woozy-Wizard

• Marsh Goblin
#1176 January 13, 2019, Sunday, 07:24 pm
Dread Necromancer or Frenzied Beserker(prestige)
Even though it's not SRD, a custom version of these would be great sometime in the coming years.
Last edited: January 13, 2019, Sunday, 07:30 pm by Woozy-Wizard

ewang

• Marsh Goblin
#1313 January 31, 2019, Thursday, 11:42 pm

I want to add my vote for a Warlock class as well!   :)

LadyBard

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#1463 March 15, 2019, Friday, 07:40 pm
I will rather have bard.

rjshae

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#1465 March 17, 2019, Sunday, 05:20 pm
I will rather have bard.

Just not a high-pitched, whinny gnome bard companion please.  :roll:

LadyBard

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#1468 March 23, 2019, Saturday, 12:54 pm
I will rather have bard.

Just not a high-pitched, whinny gnome bard companion please.  :roll:

What was his name? I loved that guy.

Dark_Ansem

• Town Guard
  • Ogre Zombie
#1474 March 26, 2019, Tuesday, 11:28 am
Mystic Theurge.
One who knows nothing can understand nothing.