Author Topic: Monster Scripting

Braveheart

• Marsh Goblin
#1254 January 26, 2019, Saturday, 04:54 am
I would like to know the level of  scripting and customization were aloud to implement  with regards to monsters or bosses. Some examples ... can we..

1. custom the race / class /armor / weapon
2. height , skin tone etc..
3. assign level,  powers and immunities
4. trigger behaviors during combat
5. spawn mechanic

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#1256 January 26, 2019, Saturday, 01:40 pm
I would like to know the level of  scripting and customization were aloud to implement  with regards to monsters or bosses. Some examples ... can we..

5. spawn mechanic

You can create you own monsters from the scratch, all attributes, feats, actions, spells, equipment, 3d meshes and animations included.

Gameplay wise, the spawn mechanic usually depends on the encounter group but single monsters have different visual effects when spawning dynamically inside a combat.

Braveheart

• Marsh Goblin
#1263 January 26, 2019, Saturday, 02:40 pm

5. spawn mechanic

You can create you own monsters from the scratch, all attributes, feats, actions, spells, equipment, 3d meshes and animations included.

Gameplay wise, the spawn mechanic usually depends on the encounter group but single monsters have different visual effects when spawning dynamically inside a combat.

Wow thats good to know, how about the capability to script monster behavior like imagine a party opens a chest or triggers a trap and  monsters either spawn  near you or  set an alarm which will make them run towards you. Or, speaking to an NPC and upon giving him the wrong answer, he turns into a demon encounter  etc..
I also would like to know, how many monster types will there be in the game roughly? Is it going to include  most or everything in the latest monster manuals?

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#1264 January 26, 2019, Saturday, 02:57 pm
I also would like to know, how many monster types will there be in the game roughly? Is it going to include  most or everything in the latest monster manuals?
In the first release, roughly between 70 and 90 (including variants such as brown bear -> polar bear etc.).
After release, we plan to add more creatures from time to time.
In long-term, having almost every monster from the 3.5.e monster manual in the game would be nice.

Dark_Ansem

• Town Guard
  • Ogre Zombie
#1321 February 02, 2019, Saturday, 10:54 pm
In the first release, roughly between 70 and 90 (including variants such as brown bear -> polar bear etc.).
After release, we plan to add more creatures from time to time.
In long-term, having almost every monster from the 3.5.e monster manual in the game would be nice.

Do you plan to have custom animations for certain ones? such as floating liches, demiliches, etc?
One who knows nothing can understand nothing.