Author Topic: What are the limits on making/editing feats?

Endarire

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#1400 February 18, 2019, Monday, 06:52 am
Greetings, all!

Knights of the Chalice 2 disappointed me when the author said that game wouldn't allow for making of new feats beyond simple numerical modifiers.  What about in Realms Beyond?

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#1401 February 18, 2019, Monday, 07:56 pm
Knights of the Chalice 2 disappointed me when the author said that game wouldn't allow for making of new feats beyond simple numerical modifiers.  What about in Realms Beyond?

Well, that depends on the individual feat.

Some feats require are very deep integration in the core game code, for example Whirlwind Attack but the majority of feats can be implemented with one or more modifiers.
We've opened the rule system as much as possible, but for some very unique feats, you possibly still need to add customized code.

Dark_Ansem

• Town Guard
  • Ogre Zombie
#1444 February 26, 2019, Tuesday, 12:25 pm

Well, that depends on the individual feat.

Some feats require are very deep integration in the core game code, for example Whirlwind Attack but the majority of feats can be implemented with one or more modifiers.
We've opened the rule system as much as possible, but for some very unique feats, you possibly still need to add customized code.

Well, wouldn't whirlwind attack require a custom animation too?
Could you please make more examples of the "unique feats"? Would spell-like abilities count, or those that augment summoning/corpsecrafter?
One who knows nothing can understand nothing.