Author Topic: Combat System #4: AI for Turn-based Combat Systems

Sapistas

• Marsh Goblin
#1733 August 17, 2019, Saturday, 01:06 pm
Is it just me, or does it seem extremely quiet on these forums?  Of the other Kickstarters I've backed, they all have heavy communication back and forth between devs and backers.  Hopefully, this just means the team is busy, but July has passed and August will soon be coming to a close and we've yet to see the "combat early access"  and not a peep about it, by anyone actually, that I've seen.

Any thoughts?

It's very quiet indeed. After all there is not much new knowledge about gameplay since Kickstarter, so what can we talk about? But this might be because the team is small and heavy at work for the combat beta. Hope after they release it and people have played it, there'll be more talking here. Let's just be patient :)

Although... a few screenshot per week is not much to ask, is it? :P
Last edited: August 17, 2019, Saturday, 06:47 pm by Sapistas

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#1734 August 19, 2019, Monday, 01:06 pm
Most people use our Discord server to ask us directly, I think that's the main reason the forums are not that active.

rjshae

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#1746 August 24, 2019, Saturday, 01:01 am
Is it just me, or does it seem extremely quiet on these forums?  Of the other Kickstarters I've backed, they all have heavy communication back and forth between devs and backers.  Hopefully, this just means the team is busy, but July has passed and August will soon be coming to a close and we've yet to see the "combat early access"  and not a peep about it, by anyone actually, that I've seen.

Any thoughts?

It's quiet, yes. I'd imagine it will pick up once they get closer to release.

Lucumo

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#1747 August 24, 2019, Saturday, 09:12 am

Any thoughts?

It's quiet, yes. I'd imagine it will pick up once they get closer to release.
For sure. Though, considering they will likely continue to pointlessly divert people to Discord, the situation isn't ideal. Even apart from the privacy issues there, normal people will look into the forum to gauge popularity and will also look there for questions and answers. As popularity has a decently large effect on subsequent sales, separating your user base when that one will already be split between GOG, Steam, RPG Codex, this forum etc makes little sense. Instead, they should have focused on creating a single hub which is accessible for everyone.

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#1748 August 24, 2019, Saturday, 04:39 pm
Instead, they should have focused on creating a single hub which is accessible for everyone.

Our forums and the discord are accessible for everyone. We're a very small developer team that has no designated community manager (yet) and every team member is currently pretty much overloaded with dev tasks. There are no capacities for creating our own community hub system.

Nowadays, you cannot just rely on forums because many people prefer to use the direct communication via Discord. Furthermore, we use Discord for internal development communications anyway.

Finally, the game is still in development and since nobody outside the dev team  has played it, there is not much to discuss here yet.

Lucumo

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#1749 August 24, 2019, Saturday, 05:02 pm
Instead, they should have focused on creating a single hub which is accessible for everyone.

Our forums and the discord are accessible for everyone.
How? I don't think you can access Discord without creating an account. Meanwhile, as a guest, viewing a forum's content is no issue at all. And typically, the vast majority doesn't register but simply reads what other people have written.

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#1750 August 24, 2019, Saturday, 05:11 pm

Our forums and the discord are accessible for everyone.
How? I don't think you can access Discord without creating an account. Meanwhile, as a guest, viewing a forum's content is no issue at all. And typically, the vast majority doesn't register but simply reads what other people have written.

You don't need to create an account to read our Discord channel.  Just enter some user name and join. Discord will ask you to claim this user name, but you can easily click that window away.

Lucumo

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#1751 August 24, 2019, Saturday, 07:30 pm

You don't need to create an account to read our Discord channel.  Just enter some user name and join. Discord will ask you to claim this user name, but you can easily click that window away.
Interesting, didn't seem that way when I read their TOS. Well, not gonna try it out due to the privacy concerns.

Sapistas

• Marsh Goblin
#1752 August 24, 2019, Saturday, 09:23 pm
Discord won't let you participate in any conversation until you "claim" the account though.

I don't get it, you' ve made a nice site over here dedicated to your game, now you send people somewhere else to talk about it. I made an account here to come and discuss stuff about Realms Beyond in a Realms Beyond dedicated environment not creating accounts somewhere I don't care.

Anyway, I hope forums will pick up momentum after beta release.

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#1753 August 24, 2019, Saturday, 10:24 pm
I don't get it, you' ve made a nice site over here dedicated to your game, now you send people somewhere else to talk about it.

But I haven't sent anybody to Discord, I just explained why our forums are not really active: Most of our backers preferred to use our Discord channel. That wasn't my choice and I personally invested many hours to create and customize these forums (including all visual elements).

Woozy-Wizard

• Marsh Goblin
#1763 August 25, 2019, Sunday, 11:53 pm
I don't get it, you' ve made a nice site over here dedicated to your game, now you send people somewhere else to talk about it.

But I haven't sent anybody to Discord, I just explained why our forums are not really active: Most of our backers preferred to use our Discord channel. That wasn't my choice and I personally invested many hours to create and customize these forums (including all visual elements).
Discord won't let you participate in any conversation until you "claim" the account though.

I only post here also, not a fan of Discord.  I am sure there would be more activity here if there were more dev posts including screenshots and/or other media for us to discuss.