Author Topic: Bavarian Support and a new Senior Team Member

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#1478 March 27, 2019, Wednesday, 04:59 pm
We are happy to announce that Realms Beyond has received additional funding from the FilmFernsehFonds Bayern!

The additional funds of 100.000 EUR are flowing directly into development, translating into more high quality content for you to experience.

Senior Level Designer Janos Toth joins our team to fill our world with dangerous dungeons and tranquil villages for the player to explore. He has formerly worked on games like Battle Isle, History Line, Sacred Underworld, Sacred 2, The Settlers 5 and Spellforce 3, bringing plenty of experience with the RPG and RTS genres with him. You can check out his portfolio here.

Soon, we will also post a development update about the game. We have been hard at work optimizing our tools, especially the dialogue tool, in order to allow for heavy branching in quests and conversations, and to give player decisions as heavy an impact as possible. In our next update we will show off the capabilities of our dialogue tool in detail, along with some example dialogues.

Stay tuned!

Goto Blog Post

LadyBard

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#1480 March 27, 2019, Wednesday, 05:19 pm
What is status on Monk, Linux & bard?

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#1482 March 27, 2019, Wednesday, 05:33 pm
What is status on Monk, Linux & bard?

Unchanged, because we decided to invest the additional funds in content creation. The Monk and Bards classes (as well as the Linux port) would require an additional coder and animations. But we're still optimistic to implement the Monk at some point.

At the moment, we want to focus on developing and delivering the main game with the best content we can create.

rjshae

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#1485 March 28, 2019, Thursday, 02:07 am
Good news. That's almost as much as was raised during the Kickstarter. Every little bit helps, I'm sure.

Omenaton

• Developer
  • Marsh Goblin
#1486 March 28, 2019, Thursday, 12:39 pm
Greetings everyone!

I am Janos Toth, the new senior level designer, that just joined the team.

I am glad and thankful to be able to be part of the development team for this interesting and promising RPG. In my current state of my life time, it is very important for me to work only on projects, that I really like and Realms Beyond is such a project.
Building fantasy worlds, that feel to some point real and interesting to the audience, is great fun and a worthwhile  task.
For my part on my own game producing "philosophy": For me it is a basic attribute of a good game, that the world gets many little details, hidden things, things to discover and secrets. Not just to make a "plain" game with only the most basic features and content, but with a lot of little extras, that are not necessary, but these things make an avarage game to a great game, that people will like to play for a long time and that they will remember for an even longer time, even after they stopped playing it.

:salute:

LadyBard

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#1487 March 28, 2019, Thursday, 01:48 pm
Welcome! You have impressive CV!

Woozy-Wizard

• Marsh Goblin
#1490 March 29, 2019, Friday, 07:08 am
Greetings everyone!

I am glad and thankful to be able to be part of the development team for this interesting and promising RPG. In my current state of my life time, it is very important for me to work only on projects, that I really like and Realms Beyond is such a project.
Building fantasy worlds, that feel to some point real and interesting to the audience, is great fun and a worthwhile  task.
For my part on my own game producing "philosophy": For me it is a basic attribute of a good game, that the world gets many little details, hidden things, things to discover and secrets. Not just to make a "plain" game with only the most basic features and content, but with a lot of little extras, that are not necessary, but these things make an avarage game to a great game, that people will like to play for a long time and that they will remember for an even longer time, even after they stopped playing it.

:salute:
Greetings and welcome,

I like what you said about attention to the little details and hidden secrets, as exploration and discovery are my favorite aspects of rpg's.  All of us are really anticipating RB being an outstanding game just from the media and dev posts, and I look forward to reading yours and fellow dev future posts.  BTW, do you have any experience with 3.5 as a gamer or game dev?

-Woozy

malax

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#1492 March 29, 2019, Friday, 03:05 pm
Hello from France !!

I would enjoy so much to do what you re doing,

create world for this Team !!!

You re welcome  :D

Omenaton

• Developer
  • Marsh Goblin
#1493 March 30, 2019, Saturday, 09:57 am
Greetings everyone!

Greetings and welcome,

I like what you said about attention to the little details and hidden secrets, as exploration and discovery are my favorite aspects of rpg's.  All of us are really anticipating RB being an outstanding game just from the media and dev posts, and I look forward to reading yours and fellow dev future posts.  BTW, do you have any experience with 3.5 as a gamer or game dev?

-Woozy

Hi!

I have now to inform myself about the stand of the already done work and planning by the team of Realms Beyond. I need to catch up, before I can write more precisely on some issues..

I have not much experience with Dungeons&Dragons 3.5, but I am basically a great fan of fantasy RPGs. My background as an RPG gamer are old Ultima games (4,5,6,7 and Ultima Online) and EverQuest and later I even played the early version of World of Warcraft. The greatest impressions made the old Utima games and EverQuest on me. I will look in the future more closely on the background and rules of D&D 3.5.

Archmage

• Citizen
  • Marsh Goblin
#1495 March 31, 2019, Sunday, 05:20 pm
Welcome Janos Toth!

Back then (1992) I was very impressed with the "cinematic" introduction of  "The Great War: 1914-1918" / "Historyline 1914-1918" !

Omenaton

• Developer
  • Marsh Goblin
#1496 April 01, 2019, Monday, 11:00 am
Welcome Janos Toth!

Back then (1992) I was very impressed with the "cinematic" introduction of  "The Great War: 1914-1918" / "Historyline 1914-1918" !

Thank you!
Funny thing is, that the "cinematic" introduction and all other "cinematic sequences" were the only graphical things, that I did not made. I have made all the Unit (small units in the levels and the bigger units in the battle scenes also) and Landscape graphics, the game design part for the Units (researching, choosing, values and balancing) and the all the Levels.