Author Topic: Late Backer Questions

MeanJim

• Beach Crab
#1507 April 07, 2019, Sunday, 02:05 pm
I bookmarked the Kickstarter page but it seems I forgot to click the remind me option, so I missed out.  I was looking at the late backer options, and I want to get the Game Box Edition.  It doesn't mention it coming with a digital download code, so I assume it is stand-alone.  How will patches be supplied for the DRM free copy that comes with the Game Box Edition?  Are there plans for expansions or DLC, and if so, how will the DRM free Game Box Edition be able to get them.

I may just get both the Game Box Edition and a Digital Download just to be covered.  I prefer GOG, but  the Digital Download option says "choose between a Steam or DRM-free download key," but doesn't say which DRM free platform the key is for.  Is there any news on a GOG release?  Even if the Steam version is DRM free, I'm OK with that since the Game Box Edition comes with a DRM free copy, but if there will be future expansions or DLC, I don't want to have to chose which one to get them for.

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#1508 April 07, 2019, Sunday, 08:39 pm
I bookmarked the Kickstarter page but it seems I forgot to click the remind me option, so I missed out.  I was looking at the late backer options, and I want to get the Game Box Edition.  It doesn't mention it coming with a digital download code, so I assume it is stand-alone.  How will patches be supplied for the DRM free copy that comes with the Game Box Edition?  Are there plans for expansions or DLC, and if so, how will the DRM free Game Box Edition be able to get them.

I may just get both the Game Box Edition and a Digital Download just to be covered.  I prefer GOG, but  the Digital Download option says "choose between a Steam or DRM-free download key," but doesn't say which DRM free platform the key is for.  Is there any news on a GOG release?  Even if the Steam version is DRM free, I'm OK with that since the Game Box Edition comes with a DRM free copy, but if there will be future expansions or DLC, I don't want to have to chose which one to get them for.

Hi MeanJim,
the Game Box Edition will (most likely) have the DRM-free GoG version. For this version, we'll publish patches and DLCs on GoG.com (as we do for the Steam version of course).
We will not have any post-release content that is only available for one platform, e.g. only for Steam, so, there is no difference whether you buy the Game Box Edition or the Digital Edition for Steam.
Only the early access and combat beta is for Steam only.