Author Topic: Solasta: Crown of the Magister- 5e turn-based CRPG

daveyd

• Citizen
  • Gelatinous Cube
#1649 June 27, 2019, Thursday, 05:58 pm
Solasta: Crown of the Magister is a tactical turn-based RPG based on D&D OGL 5e from Tactical Adventures (which has developers who previously worked on the "Endless" series of strategy games).  There are supposed to release a playable demo soon.  They are planning to raise some funds on Kickstarter.

It has a nice intro animated movie worth watching and a brief look at early in game footage.  Overall what they are going for sounds very promising. I'm not very familiar with 5e (I've heard both good and bad things), but it's nice to have another upcoming OGL CRPG to look forward to after RB releases. 

daveyd

• Citizen
  • Gelatinous Cube
#1778 September 04, 2019, Wednesday, 01:15 am
Solasta is now on Kickstarter with a goal of 180K Euros.  Seems to be off to a pretty good start.    There is a playable demo that you can download from their Steam page

Dark_Ansem

• Town Guard
  • Ogre Zombie
#1793 September 12, 2019, Thursday, 11:58 pm
I like how pretty it looks, and multi-dimensional too!"
One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

IgnatiusJ.Reilly

• Beach Crab
#1804 September 16, 2019, Monday, 01:29 pm
This one was quite a shock, really. They've even coded in 'reactions', functioning as a player prompt when the specific conditions for said ability presents itself. Almost too good to be true.  Now the ultimate challenge, find a reasonable way to implement the abilities that allow die manipulation, then you'd have a nigh perfect translation of D&D 5.E to a computer game.

daveyd

• Citizen
  • Gelatinous Cube
#1838 October 02, 2019, Wednesday, 05:40 am
Well, the funding goal has been surpassed and there's just over 2 days left to work towards more stretch goals.  We can hopefully unlock  another class / race  before it's over.  Ranger class seems all but assured with just over $4k to go which would bring them to 6 classes. I guess that's not horrible for a CRPG with 4 person party but still puts them two behind Realms Beyond.. I'd really like to have Druid as an option, too.