Author Topic: So, what are you people gonna mod ?

Cernu

• Beach Crab
#1935 October 31, 2019, Thursday, 08:55 pm
Depending on the tools power, I plan to mod either: a rework of the hyborian age (conan's playground) or, a rebuild of a mod I created for NWN2, Frontier.
Frontier was a kind of "discovery of the new world with heroic fantasy" theme. Kind of what if the natives of a newly discovered continent were goblins or orcs tribes, and you were an adventurer/settler, wandering the wonders of this new, unchartered world.
One thousand leagues Adventure starts with a step.

rjshae

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#1938 November 01, 2019, Friday, 03:05 am
I'm not so great at coming up with my own adventures, so I'll probably try a port of a NWN/NWN2 module. Nothing too large. It depends on what type of assets we'll have available.

Claudius33

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#1947 November 01, 2019, Friday, 09:19 pm
I do not plan to port any of my NWN2 modules.  More likely a new historical/fantasy adventure depending on the available assets and the tools power. Unless rjshae quickly ports his NWN2 modern placeables  :lol: and assets are rescalable (as in NWN2), no sci fi for now.

rjshae

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#1950 November 02, 2019, Saturday, 03:50 am
We don't have much information on the file format yet, so generating new assets may be a while coming. But the existing in-game assets look pretty darn good. It'll be a job to live up to that.

Seraphin Calobarsy

• Beach Crab
#1952 November 02, 2019, Saturday, 08:09 am
It would be cool if these modes were transferred to the Realms beyond engine:Aielund Saga, Swordflight, Prophet Series.

daveyd

• Citizen
  • Ogre Zombie
#1974 November 13, 2019, Wednesday, 08:24 pm
If the mod tools are extremely user friendly I hope to find the time to at least make a short adventure. I tinkered around a bit with toolset for NWN and "Shadowrun Returns" but realized that I'd have to make a considerable time investment to make something I'd be satisfied enough with to upload.   I know it's easy enough to make simple, linear adventures with those toolsets but if I'm going to make something I want it to be a bit more complicated, with an emphasis on role-playing. I've never been much of a fan of RPGs which are essentially endless combat encounters with only  some cut-scenes and an occasional fetch quest in between them. 

My favorite modules from NWN tend to be those which are geared towards a PC of a specific class (for example, rogue protagonists like "A Dance With Rogues" and "Honor Among Thieves" or mage "Almraiven / Shadewood" so I might wish to do something with a similar approach.    IMO the quests and story tend to be more interesting with those mods than the one size fits all adventures designed to completed by any class. Of course, if someone can make a campaign that lets you solve quests in different ways based on what abilities your character has that's even better, but a great deal of work for the builder: "Agrenost: Beneath the Cobbles" is a really cool NWN mod that starts out very differently depending on your starting class / alignment. 

That being said, since Realms Beyond is a party based CRPG I could just make an adventure with the assumption that you'll have a party comprised of several different classes.  But I'd still probably write a mod where you have one main character and recruit some companions in a tavern or guild.

I've no shortage of ideas, the main obstacle will be if I can find the free time and if a modding noob like me can easily learn to build what I want to with the toolset. 

rjshae

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#1975 November 14, 2019, Thursday, 02:39 am
Having the ability to create a mod that constrains the type of PC the player can build would be useful, as would a module that only uses a specific pre-made character. That allows the author to write unique interactions with the character in mind.

MAHak

• Beach Crab
#2101 January 20, 2020, Monday, 12:16 am
I'm making this stand-alone story mod for Divinity: Original Sin 2, which might be a bit too large for one guy to make on his own and it will probably be some years until it is done. However, the fantasy world in which the mod is set in, is rather fleshed out, so I can use it for a Realms Beyond mod/scenario without the two stories intertwining. So while the D:OS 2 mod lets you play as a protagonist character who gets caught up in events that will impact the world somewhat, though not on the you-are-the-chosen-one-who-will-save-the-whole-world-from-ultimate-evil level kind of impact. The Realms Beyond mod will be less epic in scope. The immediate story before the start of the mod is that your party members were all enslaved one way or another and ended up on a slave camp in a kingdom to the very far north of the world. Then there was a revolt, in which your rag tag party managed to escape and you now has to flee south. The focus will be on survival and managing you sparse gear and supplies. 
Last edited: January 20, 2020, Monday, 09:23 am by MAHak

Vankuchen

• Town Guard
  • Beach Crab
#2134 February 03, 2020, Monday, 09:24 pm
As I never really thought about modding for real, maybe just little thoughts about trying random mapping on Unreal Engine. Now as this ambitious project RB appeared on my sight, Im seriously thinking of doing own adventures/maps whatever if the editor is user friendly enough.
At first I have to fall in love with the game, as the plans seem pretty cool...lot oldschool elements, UO looking and stuff and of course a project of my country.

Hopefully we can see some Urwelt-Tool videos soon.