Author Topic: Combat Demo, Character Creation and Screenshots

Lucumo

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#2227 April 18, 2020, Saturday, 05:14 pm
Can anyone share a link to the discord or show where I can find it?
https://www.realms-beyond.com/

At the top there is what appears to be an icon for Discord.

daveyd

• Citizen
  • Ogre Zombie
#2229 April 21, 2020, Tuesday, 10:44 pm
Can anyone share a link to the discord or show where I can find it?
https://www.realms-beyond.com/

At the top there is what appears to be an icon for Discord.

Yep, it's the game controller looking icon.

SirPelinor

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#2230 April 30, 2020, Thursday, 11:43 am
Do you have any information about the demo and a 1st version

zanz

• Town Guard
  • Beach Crab
#2231 May 01, 2020, Friday, 03:01 am
Do you have any information about the demo and a 1st version

No update or news at all. The Discord is quite dead as well.

You'd think the devs would be bored and in quarantine like everyone else right now, wanting to work on the game just to do something. If they are, they're quite quiet about it.

SirPelinor

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#2233 May 03, 2020, Sunday, 12:42 pm
Thank you for your answer.
I am an optimistic person but I begin to have doubts about the project.
No information, image, video, planning for 3 months ...

Making 1 progress point per month is a minimum.

Sapistas

• Marsh Goblin
#2234 May 04, 2020, Monday, 12:05 am
Thank you for your answer.
I am an optimistic person but I begin to have doubts about the project.
No information, image, video, planning for 3 months ...

Making 1 progress point per month is a minimum.

There is some information from the devs themselves via Dicord: they work on the backer beta and have expanded it to become a vertical slice of the game than just a combat demo as initially planned. They talk daily in Discord, though they don't always give any info about progress. Most discussions are mostly geeky unrelated stuff.

I am with everyone though. They could just post a small progress update every a couple of weeks and 5-6 new screenshots. Especially the latter, I don't believe it's that time consuming. Just upload some images. I'm not a backer, of course, and won't be playing the beta, but I'm gonna be a day 1 buyer and am very interested in this game. It's a type of game I miss and although it doesn't bring anything new to the table, I like to play a classic roleplay adventure now and then and this looks the perfect game to be just that :)

EDIT: one of the devs confirmed yesterday in Discord that the beat will be ready in a couple of weeks.
Last edited: May 04, 2020, Monday, 12:10 am by Sapistas

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#2235 May 09, 2020, Saturday, 11:05 pm
So, finally we can announce the release date of the Combat Beta. It's the next friday, the 15th May.  :salute:

SirPelinor

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#2240 May 10, 2020, Sunday, 10:20 am
Very good news

kanisatha

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#2244 May 10, 2020, Sunday, 05:19 pm
I hope apologies will be forthcoming from the "this game is dead/vaporware" crowd.

zanz

• Town Guard
  • Beach Crab
#2250 May 13, 2020, Wednesday, 05:41 am
I hope apologies will be forthcoming from the "this game is dead/vaporware" crowd.

Surely you jest. 10 months late on the combat beta, with very few updates during that time, is not grounds for any type of apology whatsoever. Now, I never said either of those things, but sometimes people say things to provoke a reaction. If any of those comments encouraged the devs to expend extra effort to complete it sooner, you should be silently thanking the people that made them.

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#2251 May 13, 2020, Wednesday, 12:09 pm
If any of those comments encouraged the devs to expend extra effort to complete it sooner, you should be silently thanking the people that made them.

I can ensure you, that's not how the human psyche work.
Most developers (including me) use to reduce their communication with the community as soon as people starting to you call your project vaporware/fraud.
It's definitely not helpful for the team's motivation to read people doubting your daily work again and again.

There is a reason why professional studios never announce to release early (unpolished) versions, it's actually not supportive for the project or its development process.
In our case, we'll probably make a mistake by showing the game before it's complete and polished, but on the other hand, it's important for us to demonstrate our progress to our backers (who financed a huge part of development).
Last edited: May 13, 2020, Wednesday, 12:15 pm by HobGoblin42

rjshae

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#2252 May 13, 2020, Wednesday, 05:48 pm
From what I've seen of this market, it's usually better for a game's long-term reputation to release it later with fewer bugs. Of course, that's not always practical from a business perspective.

Vision

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#2439 June 29, 2020, Monday, 01:11 pm

Surely you jest. 10 months late on the combat beta, with very few updates during that time, is not grounds for any type of apology whatsoever. Now, I never said either of those things, but sometimes people say things to provoke a reaction. If any of those comments encouraged the devs to expend extra effort to complete it sooner, you should be silently thanking the people that made them.

Say something to provoke a reaction is known as a passive-agressive communication, it s a bit unhealthy.
What could happen if everyone do like you ?