Author Topic: Combat Demo, Character Creation and Screenshots

Sapistas

• Marsh Goblin
#2464 September 07, 2020, Monday, 10:40 am
@Daveyd  thanks in advance for any combat beta uploading :D

Alright I managed to complete the beta solo with a barbarian this morning.   I think they nerfed enemies in a recent update as I recall getting killed by a giant toad in the swamp with 40 something HP (this time they only had around 15).

Anyway here's the video (HD available).  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pTyPscf-Yo

There's still an issue with the 2nd to the last fight, where it's difficult to move near & target the orc archer.

Thanks a lot! No one ever showed the desert section. Had no idea that existed :)

Night

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#2466 September 12, 2020, Saturday, 07:06 pm
@Daveyd  thanks in advance for any combat beta uploading :D

Alright I managed to complete the beta solo with a barbarian this morning.   I think they nerfed enemies in a recent update as I recall getting killed by a giant toad in the swamp with 40 something HP (this time they only had around 15).

Anyway here's the video (HD available).  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pTyPscf-Yo

There's still an issue with the 2nd to the last fight, where it's difficult to move near & target the orc archer.

Great video thank you very much ... this help us that don't have the "Combat Demo" reward.

SirPelinor

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#2472 November 02, 2020, Monday, 10:33 am
Good morning all,
Is there any info on EA?
small video, pictures ...
We have had more information on the site for a long time.
thank you in advance

schlobb

• Town Guard
  • Beach Crab
#2473 November 02, 2020, Monday, 09:47 pm
Posted by Ceres Games on Kickstarter 7 days ago:-

Sorry for the latest radio silence - this year comes with a lot of unscheduled disruptions for each of our team members.

As soon as we know some hard facts, we'll asap write an update about the development schedule of the game. Our business guy is currently working on it, while the rest of us is trying to make a living with other jobs meanwhile. We'll need to wait for the outcome of those talks, then we can make definite plans when the completion of the game will take place

Lucumo

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#2474 November 03, 2020, Tuesday, 07:31 pm
Well, good thing they also bothered to post it on the official website and/or the official forum....

This is a joke anyway. Started off with some assets already in place. Got more than the target funding which should have been enough to complete the game. Almost doubled that by getting a grant from the government. Now somehow can't complete the game.

First and last Kickstarter project I ever backed.

SirPelinor

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#2475 November 03, 2020, Tuesday, 10:04 pm
I'm afraid the game is dead. They have no more money.
They should allow access to the combat version for money

Vision

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#2476 November 07, 2020, Saturday, 11:27 am
I'm afraid the game is dead. They have no more money.
They should allow access to the combat version for money

Why are you speculating on something you don t know ?

daveyd

• Citizen
  • Ogre Zombie
#2477 November 07, 2020, Saturday, 04:54 pm
Here's a summary of what's going on based on their Discord comments & my experiences with the demo:

They're hopeful Steam Early Access will start sometime next year but not able to give a specific date yet.

The core team (CEO / level designer, programmer, & writer / quest designer) are still working on the game, but only part-time. We got lots of bugfixes to the combat beta over the summer, including squashing a nasty bug causing crashes for Win 7 users. Combat demo is very stable now, but there's still some bugs and missing features.

Their CEO is talking with potential publishers / investors to get them more funding so the core team can resume working on the game full-time. The pandemic has slowed this down a bit as everything has to be done through virtual chats, rather than in person meetings.

At this point, most of the art assets are done (though I think they want to make more character portraits and polish existing ones) so aside from bugfixing & implementing remaining features what they need to do is create more content (i.e., quests) so the game can move to SEA.

As to why they don't continue to sell beta access or pre-orders to raise funds, it's reasonable to assume it's because (1) this would not raise the amount of funds actually needed so the core team can resume working full-time (2) any publisher / investor they're in the middle of the negotiations with would likely frown on that... considering that a deal would involve giving them a percentage of all future sales

SirPelinor

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#2478 November 07, 2020, Saturday, 10:49 pm
Thanks for these informations. I can't wait to play it

SirPelinor

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#2480 November 13, 2020, Friday, 06:45 pm
I hope that for Christmas, they will have found a financing solution. I wish them and that they will make us a surprise with images, videos and a schedule on the game. This game with the videos, images already broadcast corresponds well to D&D.

SirPelinor

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#2481 November 13, 2020, Friday, 06:45 pm
I hope that for Christmas, they will have found a financing solution. I wish them and that they will make us a surprise with images, videos and a schedule on the game. This game with the videos, images already broadcast corresponds well to D&D.

SirPelinor

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#2482 November 23, 2020, Monday, 11:35 am
A good start to the year with a great map and a combat EA. Since May, nothing. They are looking for an editor !!!!! Do we have any news for Christmas?

daveyd

• Citizen
  • Ogre Zombie
#2483 November 24, 2020, Tuesday, 09:58 pm
A good start to the year with a great map and a combat EA. Since May, nothing. They are looking for an editor !!!!! Do we have any news for Christmas?

The writer talked about possibly putting together an update showcasing some early game quests before Xmas. 

But as far as their development situation: they are just working on the game part time until they can make a deal with a publisher or private investor.  Negotiations are ongoing but they won't be able to share any news until a contract is signed.