Author Topic: Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous!

kanisatha

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#2176 February 22, 2020, Saturday, 04:33 pm
I sense a great entitlement in the force.  :roll:
Oh sure. TB fans demanding a TB option in a RTwP game is just fine. But the reverse is "entitlement." Thanks for clearing that up.

kanisatha

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#2177 February 22, 2020, Saturday, 04:41 pm
I'm very glad to see all these responses from TB fans confirming the double standard. The claim of TB fans everywhere (in many forums) has been that there's nothing wrong with adding an option; it only results in more people being able to enjoy the game. When I then ask if they equally agree that this applies to TB games as well, they say yes of course, options are always good blah blah blah. Now we can confirm that what TB fans mean is that TB fans should always get options, but RTwP should just shut up and go away.

rjshae

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#2178 February 22, 2020, Saturday, 07:54 pm
I'm very glad to see all these responses from TB fans confirming the double standard. The claim of TB fans everywhere (in many forums) has been that there's nothing wrong with adding an option; it only results in more people being able to enjoy the game. When I then ask if they equally agree that this applies to TB games as well, they say yes of course, options are always good blah blah blah. Now we can confirm that what TB fans mean is that TB fans should always get options, but RTwP should just shut up and go away.

This is what is called a straw man argument. The developer has already stated the reasons they aren't including it at this time:  they don't have the budget for it, and the developer doesn't want to implement it. I can live with that; apparently you can not. If you don't like that, well perhaps you can write a mod to implement it? I've seen others do that.
Last edited: February 22, 2020, Saturday, 08:02 pm by rjshae

rjshae

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#2179 February 22, 2020, Saturday, 07:56 pm
I sense a great entitlement in the force.  :roll:
Oh sure. TB fans demanding a TB option in a RTwP game is just fine. But the reverse is "entitlement." Thanks for clearing that up.

The comment about entitlement was regarding this statement:

I will not accept anything less in any future TB RPG.

Perhaps I misunderstood, and this is not a threat. Can you clarify what you mean? Are you going to offer additional funding to help implement this feature? That'd be great. You'd be popular, I'm sure, assuming the developer is interested.
Last edited: February 22, 2020, Saturday, 08:08 pm by rjshae

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#2180 February 22, 2020, Saturday, 10:48 pm
I'm very glad to see all these responses from TB fans confirming the double standard. The claim of TB fans everywhere (in many forums) has been that there's nothing wrong with adding an option; it only results in more people being able to enjoy the game.

If you design your project with both systems in mind, yes, it may be a very clever idea to add both systems to your game. I personally know a couple of people who likes our game in general but won't buy it since it's TB only.

But in our case, adding RtwP afterwards would be a nightmare - technically  and in regard to the general system design.

jonesr65

• Town Guard
  • Beach Crab
#2181 February 23, 2020, Sunday, 01:34 am
I look at it this way it D&D 3.5 rule set and the DM chooses the rules if I don't want to play I won't play. Gold Box was TB, NWN and NWN2 is consider it RTwP and I played and enjoyed them all. And I'm really looking forward to Realms Beyond when it comes out.

kanisatha

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#2183 February 24, 2020, Monday, 05:28 pm
I'm very glad to see all these responses from TB fans confirming the double standard. The claim of TB fans everywhere (in many forums) has been that there's nothing wrong with adding an option; it only results in more people being able to enjoy the game.

If you design your project with both systems in mind, yes, it may be a very clever idea to add both systems to your game. I personally know a couple of people who likes our game in general but won't buy it since it's TB only.

But in our case, adding RtwP afterwards would be a nightmare - technically  and in regard to the general system design.
@HobGoblin42 I appreciate your position as the developer here. I understand that especially for a game that is already well in production this would likely not be a feasible thing. My posts were mainly targeted at the TB fans, because they are the ones who:
1) Launch campaigns in the forums of RTwP games (for example PoE1, PoE2, P:Km, and now most recently P:WotR) demanding that the developer must either change their game to TB or at least include a TB option;
2) Tell RTwP fans who get upset by (1) that we're wrong for trying to "deny" TB fans the ability to enjoy the game; and
3) Insist that they, the TB fans, will fully support RTwP fans requesting the same thing from the developers of TB games.

I am merely looking to test if (3) is true or just crap.

But I will say this. I have been a strong supporter of this game from the very first moment it came to my attention. I am a backer of the game. I have promoted the game to others at every possible turn and on every forum in which I am active. And I have done all this despite the fact that I hate TB combat and already know before the game is even released that I will hate the combat parts of this game (which is likely to be a significant proportion of the game and which in turn means I will automatically be denied the same extent of enjoyment from the game that the TB fans will get from it). So why am I such a supporter of this game? It is because Ceres Games is just starting out as a new studio intent on making good classic RPGs. I love and mainly only play classic RPGs. So I want to support any new studio that will make such games for me. But this support is a one-shot deal for just the first game. Assuming that first game is reasonably successful, then for subsequent games I fully expect that I should get just as much for my money as any TB fan gets. Now this can be from either a mix of some games being TB and some being RTwP, or all games having both modes. But if all games continue to be only TB, then I as a RTwP fan cannot be expected to support you further.

TomBakersArse

• Beach Crab
#2195 March 04, 2020, Wednesday, 04:12 pm
Are you excited!

In a word - no.  The first game was a steaming pile of ****.

[Moderator: Please watch your language, we use to communicate politely here]
Last edited: March 05, 2020, Thursday, 11:11 am by HobGoblin42
You may be a doctor. But I'm THE Doctor. The definite article, you might say.