Author Topic: Finished Map, Coin Design & Combat Beta Status

kanisatha

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#2157 February 07, 2020, Friday, 11:56 pm
Gotta' add my love for that map. It is spectacular. The screenshots are fantastic too. Looks like my dislike of TB combat will be more than offset by the many things about this game that I will love.

TomBakersArse

• Beach Crab
#2196 March 04, 2020, Wednesday, 04:16 pm
How can you dislike something as wonderful as TB combat ?
Did you spurn / dislike tabletop RPGs / wargames as a child, perhaps ?
You may be a doctor. But I'm THE Doctor. The definite article, you might say.

Night

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#2198 March 04, 2020, Wednesday, 04:53 pm
Some player don't like TB. They thinks that is too slow and prefer RtwP gameplay. I'm old i can't master 6 party member in real time now i prefer TB too :D

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#2205 March 05, 2020, Thursday, 11:01 am
Please not another TB vs RTwP flamewar here.

Both combat systems come with advantages and disadvantages and therefore each RPG designer should be free to choose what's the best for his/her game design.

Nobody would seriously compare the combat systems of  Civlization and Age of Empires just because they are both somehow strategical.
Out of the context of a specific game design, there is no inferior or superior system.

We decided to go with a turn-based combat mainly because our game is based on 3.5e.

kanisatha

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#2212 March 07, 2020, Saturday, 04:44 pm
Please not another TB vs RTwP flamewar here.

Both combat systems come with advantages and disadvantages and therefore each RPG designer should be free to choose what's the best for his/her game design.

Nobody would seriously compare the combat systems of  Civlization and Age of Empires just because they are both somehow strategical.
Out of the context of a specific game design, there is no inferior or superior system.

We decided to go with a turn-based combat mainly because our game is based on 3.5e.
Don't worry. I'm not going to allow myself to be baited. :)