Author Topic: Kickstarter Combat Beta will be available on the next Friday, May 15th

Scott Shieldman

• Town Guard
  • Beach Crab
#2260 May 15, 2020, Friday, 11:45 pm
How long might it take to receive our key's? Yes, I've checked again to ensure that I did indeed pay for the Combat Beta. Thank you!

zanz

• Town Guard
  • Beach Crab
#2261 May 15, 2020, Friday, 11:50 pm
We've just sent Steam Keys to all backers with access to the Combat Beta!

I saw updated #24 from KickStarter, but I don't see any email from BackerKit. I did pledge at the
Digital Edition + Combat Beta + EA  Level. Checked spam folder, but nothing so far.

Scott Shieldman

• Town Guard
  • Beach Crab
#2263 May 15, 2020, Friday, 11:56 pm
Me too. Thank you for replying. It's good to know I'm not alone. I am also on the other side if the world from Cere's, so depending on how they set up the release, I supose we just have to be a little more patient.  :D Thanks again!

Archmage

• Citizen
  • Marsh Goblin
#2264 May 15, 2020, Friday, 11:59 pm
To all of you. Don't wait for any email. Go to BackerKit. There you will find your Combat Beta key.  And don't change the resolution to Full Screen after launching the game.

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#2267 May 16, 2020, Saturday, 12:12 am
We actually don't really know when backerKit processes the digital download emails.

Usually it only takes 30-45 minutes after we initiated it.

BillyCorgan

• Town Guard
  • Beach Crab
#2276 May 16, 2020, Saturday, 08:47 am
Good news !

(and happy to be part of it)

eldric4908

• Citizen
  • Beach Crab
#2279 May 16, 2020, Saturday, 09:34 am
didn't get my backer key spent over 170$ anyone know why like to get into the beta which i thought was included at that backer rate

Kerdh

• Town Guard
  • Beach Crab
#2280 May 16, 2020, Saturday, 10:38 am
Hi guys. I did had a backerkit mail... for a badge forum.

I have the 75€ Good Old Box tiers... who don't say, I've just seen, that I can access to the combat beta... although the tiers BEFORE AND AFTER have it ^^

It's a bug or a feature?

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#2283 May 16, 2020, Saturday, 11:43 am

I have the 75€ Good Old Box tiers... who don't say, I've just seen, that I can access to the combat beta... although the tiers BEFORE AND AFTER have it ^^

The regular Gold Box Tier at 75 EUR doesn't include with the Combat Beta, but the one for 100 EUR does.

Kerdh

• Town Guard
  • Beach Crab
#2285 May 16, 2020, Saturday, 11:48 am

The regular Gold Box Tier at 75 EUR doesn't include with the Combat Beta, but the one for 100 EUR does.

The tiers editions at 50€ and after (55€/70€) include the combat beta.

You mean my 75€ tiers can't access to a 50€ tiers combat beta?
Do I have to downgrade to have access to combat beta?
 :hahano:

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#2288 May 16, 2020, Saturday, 12:14 pm

The tiers editions at 50€ and after (55€/70€) include the combat beta.

You mean my 75€ tiers can't access to a 50€ tiers combat beta?
Do I have to downgrade to have access to combat beta?
 :hahano:

The 55 and 70 EUR rewards are digital only, those backers won't get the physical box.

The tier "Good Old Box + EA + Combat Beta"  for 100 EUR (and any tier above) included those early versions as well as the game box.

Imotep69

• Town Guard
  • Beach Crab
#2306 May 16, 2020, Saturday, 09:57 pm
Hi  all so the  :  Digital Download (Steam or DRM-free platform)  €25.00  wont be able to play the combat demo is that it ?

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#2309 May 17, 2020, Sunday, 01:31 am
Hi  all so the  :  Digital Download (Steam or DRM-free platform)  €25.00  wont be able to play the combat demo is that it ?

Unfortunately not, the Combat Beta was part of plegde levels starting at 55 EUR.

Vision

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#2312 May 17, 2020, Sunday, 09:15 am
Hello,

Thanks to AfairFare, we have some videos on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rbhqwTlauc)

I enjoy a lot ergonomy, design, UI and many others things. Finally ! we have a turn based demo which reminds me a lot with nostalgia all good memories of tabletop RPG. I also like hexs, the colors and graphism, which are really sober and not too flashy/intense as many big company games.

To the bad side, it only concerns lore... I m always disappointed when i see a mage breaks the battle with one spell (color spray) cause his area of effect is huge for a spellcaster level 1. I know it comes from D&D 3.5 rules but all these spells are really messed up and some tweaks should be welcome.

Basically, if you want to have an interesting system spells, they have to be equal between them regarding their level and also, stay balanced as long as the mage steps up.
Obviously here, color spray is still too strong for the level 1 and in addition, the spell will be a hit comparing to others level 1 spell at higher level casting.
Then you will always learn the same spell and forget the ones which aren t scaling good enought.

:salute:

PS : for example, the size of the cone could scale from 1 to X depending mage levels.
Last edited: May 17, 2020, Sunday, 09:50 am by Vision

lvluptrain

• Beach Crab
#2326 May 18, 2020, Monday, 10:18 am
Loved watching the combat beta  :D. The sounds, the love of dnd, and the look really did it for me.  Also thanks to Afairfare character creation - ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6SvTJXh3Hk ) and  spacejaws combat beta that was almost 5 hrs ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfcizd3BgmM ).... I finally found some questions I wanted to ask.

Will there be subclasses for the base classes or just prestige classes?

For the spellcasters does their wisdom/intelligence modifier help them have more spells to cast in the game or does it really not affect the total  spells a caster can make?

Will there be different difficulty settings for the game as well?

Are we able to switch spells out during camp or learn spells from magic scrolls?