Author Topic: Kickstarter Combat Beta will be available on the next Friday, May 15th

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#2333 May 18, 2020, Monday, 02:41 pm
Will there be subclasses for the base classes or just prestige classes?
Right now, we only plan with prestige classes.

wrote: lvluptrain
For the spellcasters does their wisdom/intelligence modifier help them have more spells to cast in the game or does it really not affect the total  spells a caster can make?
The INT attribute actually affects the number of total daily spells available. See the D&D rules here: D&D Wiki Wizard's Spells

Will there be different difficulty settings for the game as well?
Yes,  most likely two.

Are we able to switch spells out during camp or learn spells from magic scrolls?
There is no need to switch spells, since our wizards work like sorcerers (no preparation required).
You can already learn more spells from scolls if your character reached the required spell level. That's already in the Combat Beta.

Atoch

• Town Guard
  • Beach Crab
#2337 May 18, 2020, Monday, 07:25 pm
Are these prestige classes already in the Combat Beta?

At least hidden in the code, somwhere?

And yeah, I love your game already!

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#2350 May 19, 2020, Tuesday, 01:09 am
Are these prestige classes already in the Combat Beta?

No, those are still under design.

lvluptrain

• Beach Crab
#2351 May 19, 2020, Tuesday, 06:15 am
Will there be subclasses for the base classes or just prestige classes?
Right now, we only plan with prestige classes.

For the spellcasters does their wisdom/intelligence modifier help them have more spells to cast in the game or does it really not affect the total  spells a caster can make?
The INT attribute actually affects the number of total daily spells available. See the D&D rules here: D&D Wiki Wizard's Spells

Will there be different difficulty settings for the game as well?
Yes,  most likely two.

Are we able to switch spells out during camp or learn spells from magic scrolls?
There is no need to switch spells, since our wizards work like sorcerers (no preparation required).
You can already learn more spells from scolls if your character reached the required spell level. That's already in the Combat Beta.

Thank you so much for the detailed response as it helped make sense on some questions.  Gives me more reason to get deeper into dnd now  :D.

Also after seeing more of the combat beta I noticed that when doing summon monster that it always summons demons. Will it summon different monsters depending on our background and choices or will it only be demons?

Now that I know wizard is like a sorcerer now in a way, will we be able to swap a spell during levelups after a certain point?

Atoch

• Town Guard
  • Beach Crab
#2372 May 19, 2020, Tuesday, 06:00 pm
Hi,

in one of your early blog posts you mentioned "battle crowds" or "minion crowds".  Are these still on the to-do-list or are they already implemented and I just didn't notice it?

The late battles of the Combat Beta (the zombies and skeletons) seem a bit tedious and repetitive with the high HP and DR of the enemies.

Are there streams in which the player didn't get annihilated in those battles?

Thanks for your attention.

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Wildland Warrior
#2374 May 19, 2020, Tuesday, 11:50 pm
Hi,

n one of your early blog posts you mentioned "battle crowds" or "minion crowds".  Are these still on the to-do-list or are they already implemented and I just didn't notice it?

The late battles of the Combat Beta (the zombies and skeletons) seem a bit tedious and repetitive with the high HP and DR of the enemies.
No, the group enemies aka "minion crowds" are currently not in use in the current version. Right now, we want to test the basic 3.5e combat first.

We already adjusted the zombies, who had way too many hitpoints.
Last edited: May 19, 2020, Tuesday, 11:53 pm by HobGoblin42