Author Topic: Funding

Lucumo

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#553 October 19, 2018, Friday, 08:37 am
Ah sorry, I was too tired and missed that part (haven't slept much lately).

The content expansion packages don't come in tiny pieces through patches/updates but as big DLCs every 8-12 months or so.

Better think of volumes like the Goldbox games: "Pool Radiance" Vol I.-> "Curse of Azure Bonds" -> "Secret of the Silver Blades" -> "Pools of Darkness"  Vol IV.

Four different campaigns but located in the same world which grows larger and larger with every new "volume".
He he, no worries. It's almost weekend too, so better catch up during that ;)

Yep, that's what I thought because it makes the most sense in my opinion. Also...since you say "DLC", is it really digital only? It would still be nice if you somehow offered physical expansion packs/addons for the people that are very interested in those (I am for instance).
Also a word of advice regarding the word "DLC". I just read something like this from someone regarding the Battletech season pass again and I generally agree:

Thats modern devs/publishers shooting themselves in their own foot by shoehorning everything under the "DLC" umbrella. "You want what for your DLC?! Shove your Horsearmor up your A and go F yourself!" is always my first thought while it actually could be worthy full blown expansion packs.

Andronius The Druid

• Developer
  • Gelatinous Cube
#571 October 21, 2018, Sunday, 04:51 am
"You want what for your DLC?! Shove your Horsearmor up your A and go F yourself!" is always my first thought while it actually could be worthy full blown expansion packs.

:lol: Cheers to whomever said/wrote that! Haha! I know perfectly well the game he’s referring to, ^_^ and I thought exactly the same :hug:

Dark_Ansem

• Town Guard
  • Ogre Zombie
#746 November 08, 2018, Thursday, 11:25 am
We are getting relatively close...
One who knows nothing can understand nothing.