Author Topic: rpg video games

switches

• Beach Crab
#154 January 04, 2018, Thursday, 03:19 am
I read on rpgwatch.com that wizard of the coast is gonna make new rpg games for pc does any 1 know if its true

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Ogre Zombie
#156 January 04, 2018, Thursday, 11:45 am
I read on rpgwatch.com that wizard of the coast is gonna make new rpg games for pc does any 1 know if its true

According to the article on Rolling Stone (to which the news on rpgwatch refers), WotC aims to release D&D games for different platforms and formats:
“We are looking at TV series or movie deals as well as more web-based content and actively pursuing a larger slate of video games for D&D,” Cocks says. “Right now we have a slate of four to five coming in 12 to 18 months and five or six set for 2020 and beyond across a variety of genres.” While that may sound like a lot, since 1987 there have already been more than 100 games based on the slew of D&D properties, he noted. “At its core, D&D has a couple things going for it: A rich lore and rich history and six or seven different worlds. That’s a rich vein to be able to tap into. Also, the history associated with it means that when you play D&D it feels very authentic because it’s a mature property and has had so many iterations of it. The secret to D&D is that really the rules are just guidelines.”
Rolling Stone

Shard

• Beach Crab
#257 May 12, 2018, Saturday, 02:36 pm
Well that explains that Facebook game that came out recently, it may have Minsc but it doesn't have the CRPG feel that I want.
"We need the metaphor of monsters and magic, to better understand the human condition" -Stephan Donaldson