Author Topic: Party member with story and dialogue ?

LadyBard

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#983 November 24, 2018, Saturday, 05:37 pm
Boy do I feel sorry for you. Skyrim without mods.

Why? It's decent even without any mods. You should feel with me every time I play NWN1.

There are 1200+ backers. How do we know there will be any modders among those? Or would they create quality stuff? How many quality stuff? Keep in mind this game comes as rather niche product.

Dark_Ansem

• Town Guard
  • Ogre Zombie
#984 November 24, 2018, Saturday, 05:44 pm

Why? It's decent even without any mods. You should feel with me every time I play NWN1.

There are 1200+ backers. How do we know there will be any modders among those? Or would they create quality stuff? How many quality stuff? Keep in mind this game comes as rather niche product.

You're speaking to one right here.
One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

LadyBard

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#985 November 24, 2018, Saturday, 06:10 pm

Still. What if I don't want to use any mods? Do I really need third party software for a game I backed/game I wish to play?

Dark_Ansem

• Town Guard
  • Ogre Zombie
#986 November 24, 2018, Saturday, 06:20 pm

Still. What if I don't want to use any mods? Do I really need third party software for a game I backed/game I wish to play?

Er, no? but you are missing out.

LadyBard

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#987 November 24, 2018, Saturday, 07:57 pm

LOL. I don't want to missing out. I don't want to be shoehorned into using mods.
All this discussion started with 'modders can fill gaps in game mechanics', like adding origin stories.

Modders aren't game developers. Mods aren't replacement for devs work. Nwn1 had awesome draft and it got discarded. Now game is discounted for less than 9 euros on steam. It's enhanced edition flopped despite great community mods. I simply stating you can't leave game bareboned and leave it up to mods.

kanisatha

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#995 November 24, 2018, Saturday, 09:36 pm
I'm with @LadyBard on this. I don't at all care for having to mod my games and only (very grudgingly) use them in those rare instances where they are absolutely necessary.

Dark_Ansem

• Town Guard
  • Ogre Zombie
#999 November 24, 2018, Saturday, 11:31 pm

LOL. I don't want to missing out. I don't want to be shoehorned into using mods.
All this discussion started with 'modders can fill gaps in game mechanics', like adding origin stories.

Modders aren't game developers. Mods aren't replacement for devs work. Nwn1 had awesome draft and it got discarded. Now game is discounted for less than 9 euros on steam. It's enhanced edition flopped despite great community mods. I simply stating you can't leave game bareboned and leave it up to mods.

Flopped =/= outclassed Baldur's gate in terms of sales-

LadyBard

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#1001 November 25, 2018, Sunday, 10:55 am
Sorry if I don't share you opinion. I'm not against mods, just against repeating NWN1 fiasco.

Dark_Ansem

• Town Guard
  • Ogre Zombie
#1002 November 25, 2018, Sunday, 11:03 am
Again, a fiasco which exists mostly in your head: https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/neverwinter-nights
I'm not sure that a "black friday sale" can equate to a fiasco.

LadyBard

• Town Guard
  • Gelatinous Cube
#1004 November 25, 2018, Sunday, 01:04 pm
Again, a fiasco which exists mostly in your head: https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/neverwinter-nights

Just because some love multiplayer nature of mods in NWN1, I don't think it equals good regular game.

Dark_Ansem

• Town Guard
  • Ogre Zombie
#1005 November 25, 2018, Sunday, 01:08 pm

Just because some love multiplayer nature of mods in NWN1, I don't think it equals good regular game.

Again, it's your opinion against quasi-universal critical acclaim.
I am mostly talking about SP mods.

obsidian_razor

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#1006 November 25, 2018, Sunday, 01:33 pm
To be fair, I see her point. When NW1 came out I hated it and thought it was total dud. However a couple of years later I saw an SP mod that looked interesting and after that I loved it and played many mods. What the community did was amazing.
I also rarely play with mods but since NW1 I make an exception with games like this :)

Dark_Ansem

• Town Guard
  • Ogre Zombie
#1007 November 25, 2018, Sunday, 01:35 pm
To be fair, I see her point. When NW1 came out I hated it and thought it was total dud. However a couple of years later I saw an SP mod that looked interesting and after that I loved it and played many mods. What the community did was amazing.
I also rarely play with mods but since NW1 I make an exception with games like this :)

I suppose I was lucky because I had it with everything at once. Ah, the memories.
Again, you are the white flies tho.

Grammarsalad

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#1012 November 25, 2018, Sunday, 09:30 pm
Silent storm my jam!

Edit: apparently I'm replying to a comment on a different page...

obsidian_razor

• Town Guard
  • Marsh Goblin
#1019 November 26, 2018, Monday, 09:32 am

I suppose I was lucky because I had it with everything at once. Ah, the memories.
Again, you are the white flies tho.

Oh I know :P
I think in my case it's mostly cause I have lots of games to go through, so I never spend enough in a single game that I get the itch to test mods on it.
Still, after my experience with NW1 I'm a lot more keen to try them, specially for something dnd-ish. :D