Author Topic: Party member with story and dialogue ?

Chris_Wilson

• Beach Crab
#179 January 18, 2018, Thursday, 10:21 pm
Hi there,

I did not read that in your news already so I ask. Will we have party member with story and dialogue etc... ?

I really hope so, I always felt too lonely while playing icewind dale and first I have done is install the mod for NPC party member.

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Gelatinous Cube
#181 January 19, 2018, Friday, 01:11 am
I did not read that in your news already so I ask. Will we have party member with story and dialogue etc... ?

We are still discussing the design of background stories, personal quests and (hidden) agendas for companions.

But before we go any further, we need to solve challenges regarding full character customization combined with meaningful companion's content & characterization.

As soon as those problems are solved, we will publish a blog post related to this specific topic.

daveyd

• Beach Crab
#251 May 09, 2018, Wednesday, 05:46 pm
Just a thought, if party members with fully fleshed out backgrounds and unique personalities proves to outside the game's scope, perhaps a sort of happy medium can be achieved.  For ex: TSI games is / was planning for Seven Dragon Saga to have player generated parties, but companions would have goals / motivations that impact how they react to the player's choices and approach to completing quests.    Closest thing I can think of for a released RPG is the personality traits in Expeditions: Conquistador.   I love generating characters, but would love to see party members be something more than walking stat sheets.