Author Topic: Combat Development and Goblin Barbecue

HobGoblin42

• Administrator
  • Ogre Zombie
#242 April 29, 2018, Sunday, 01:30 pm
We haven't posted much lately because we focused all our efforts into developing the first playable iteration of the combat system. This combat prototype (or let's say Combat Pre-Alpha) will include almost every action and spell of the classes Fighter, Barbarian, Cleric, Wizard, Ranger and Rogue (about 100 actions and spells in total).

Along with animations, character models and visual effects, we already implemented the sound for various weapons, spells and hit effects.

Until we can show you a detailed insight of the combat system, this little preview video will give you a first impression of the Fireball spell at a higher character level. Those poor Goblins never had a chance and died many deaths during the development.

Except for the combat grid, we completely hid the user interface because it's still work in progress.

Goto Blog Post

AbounI

• Marsh Goblin
#243 April 29, 2018, Sunday, 07:57 pm
I love what I see, what I hear (FX, music and sounds of the fireball once launched, of fried globins (so delightfull as far as I'm concerned  :lol:) and of the laughing mage after the explosion) and what I read here. Nothing more to add, except a request for a link of this combat music, would love to hear it if it's ready  :salute:
Keep it up like that Ceres Games !
Last edited: April 29, 2018, Sunday, 08:12 pm by AbounI

sogun

• Beach Crab
#244 April 30, 2018, Monday, 12:30 pm
Pleasantly surprised by the hexes and general look of the game! Excellent fireball effect: it emits light and generates an amazingly  HUGE explosion, which is important that at higher levels you give the player more power and control over the game world in form of most gruesome Wrath of God style spells. 

You added amazing embers and red sparks, which is rarely seen  in RPGs.  Attention to detail and that superb evil voice at the end.  Now this is what I call a MUST HAVE game and definitely a purse opener for me!   Thank You!!
Last edited: April 30, 2018, Monday, 12:34 pm by sogun

The Old Farmer

• Marsh Goblin
#245 April 30, 2018, Monday, 09:34 pm
When you decided to go with hexes insted of the traditionl 3.5e squares I was a bit concerned how it might work out.  Now that I see it in action I think there will be nothing to worry about it looks great and go figure a fire BALL that is actually round. 
Keep up the good work.